- Attention to your privacy is our policy. Using the FindMyCollege services, you trust us, and we appreciate this. Our team works hard to keep your personal information safe, always acting in our customers interests and not hiding information about the processing of your personal data.
- This document describes how we process your personal data. In addition, we will explain how you can contact us if you have any questions about your personal data. More detailed definitions of the terms “Service”, “Service Provider”, “Our Services” and “Request” can be found in the FindMyCollege Terms and Conditions.
- Our Privacy Statement applies to all these platforms.
- This Privacy Statement extends to any kind of information that we collect through these platforms or other channels connected with these platforms (for example, communication with our customer support via email).
- Service Providers should also read the relevant Privacy Statement for Service Providers.
- If you have used our services before, you know that Find My College offers online education-related services through our website, mobile applications and other online platforms, as well as partners websites and social networks.
- We may amend the Privacy Statement from time to time. We recommend checking this page regularly to be aware of the latest updates. If we make changes to the Privacy Statement that affect you directly (for example, if we intend to process your personal data for purposes other than those specified previously in this Privacy Statement), we will notify you of any changes before the new activities start.
- If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement, you should not use our services. If you agree with our Privacy Statement, then you are ready to choose a university through us.
What kind of personal information does FindMyCollegecollect?
- When you use our services, we request information such as your name and preferred contact details. You can also specify additional requests for admission (for example, your question to admission office). In addition to this, we collect certain data from your computer, phone, tablet or another device that you use to access our services, including the IP address, the type of browser used and your language settings. There are situations when we receive information about you from third parties or automatically collect other information.
Why does FindMyCollegecollect and use your personal data?
- First, we request your personal information to help you manage your Requests online and to offer the best services. We also use them to contact you or to inform you about the latest discounts and special offers, as well as other products or services that we believe may be interesting to you. There are also other cases.
How does FindMyCollege use your personal data?
- Our Services allow you to explore educational opportunities and seek out, and be found for, study opportunities. Your profile can be found by those looking for prospective students for the purpose of offering study services. We will use your data to recommend you to Service providers. You can signal that you are interested in the study and share information with Service providers. We will use your data to recommend study services to you and you to Service providers. We may use automated systems to profile and provide recommendations to help make our Services more relevant to our users and customers. Keeping your profile accurate and up-to-date may help you better connect to others and to opportunities through our Services. We sell premium Services that provide our Service providers customized functionality and tools (including messaging and getting direct contacts). Service providers can export information from your profile, such as profile photo, first name, last name, contact email, contact phone, citizenship, location, gender, date of birth, education programs and interests. The data provided about you by these customers are subject to the policies of those customers.
How does FindMyCollege share your data with third parties?
- With the FindMyCollegeservice, third parties are also connected in various ways and for various reasons. The main goal is to transfer the Data about your Request to the Service Provider to complete the Request. Your data can also be received by other parties engaged in the FindMyCollegeservice provision, including financial institutions, advertising companies, and in some cases state or other competent authorities. We do not sell your personal data.
How does FindMyCollege process messages that you and the Service Provider may send to FindMyCollege?
- FindMyCollegeassists you and Service Providers exchange information and requests about their services and existing Requests, directing the communications through FindMyCollege
How does FindMyCollegeuse mobile devices?
- We offer free mobile applications that collect and process your personal data in a similar way to our website. However, the applications also allow you to use our location services.
How does FindMyCollege use social networks?
- Social networks may be used to provide the FindMyCollegeservices in various ways. For this purpose, we can collect some of your personal data, or social networks can receive some of your information.
What security procedures does FindMyCollegeuse to protect your personal data?
- We implement appropriate and adequate security procedures to prevent unauthorized access to and misuse of the personal data we process.
How does FindMyCollegetreat childrens personal data?
- Unless otherwise specified, FindMyCollegecan only be used by persons aged 13 and older. We only process information about children with the consent of the parents or legal guardians, or when the information for processing is provided by parents or legal guardians. This implies that a person who meets the definition of a “Child” agrees that parents are notified of his registration with FindMyCollegeand give full consent for the registration in the system.
How can you control the personal data you have given to FindMyCollege?
- You can always use the right to review your personal data stored in our system. A review of personal information can be obtained by sending a request to the email address stated below.
Who is responsible for processing personal data on the FindMyCollegewebsite and mobile applications?
- FindMyCollege, located in Noida Sector 16, monitors the processing of personal data on its websites and mobile applications.
What kind of personal data is collected by FindMyCollege?
- Below you will find detailed information about the data we collect.
Personal information you provide to us.
- FindMyCollegecollects and uses the data that you provide to us. When you register, you (as a minimum) need to specify your email address. If you send a Request for admission, you need to provide your name, email, country of residence, age, any preferences and questions (for example, accommodation service request) regarding your Request for admission.
- We collect your data also when you need to contact our customer support service or contact us by other means (for example, through social networks or by communicating with the Service Provider chosen through our website). Students may also be asked to leave a review to help Applicants find a suitable enrollment option. We collect the information of your reviews, including your display name and avatar if you choose one.
- There are other instances when you will provide us with data. For example, if you are browsing admission options with a mobile device, you can enable FindMyCollegeto see your current location or grant access to contact details – this helps us provide you with the best service and experience. You can also create an account that allows you to save your personal settings, upload profile photos, review previous Requests, plan and manage feature Requests, and use other options only available to registered users.
- You can decide to participate in referral programs or sweepstakes in this case, you will also provide us with personal information.
Personal data of other people you provide to us.
- Of course, it may happen that you are not making a Request for yourself. Perhaps you are making a Request for another Student whose data you provide, or you are making a Request on behalf of someone else. In some cases, you can use FindMyCollegeto share information with other users by sending a list of programs for admission or participating in referral programs, but such data can only be used as described in the offered interface – check the details there if you want to know more. In this case, it is your responsibility to ensure that the person or people whose personal information you have provided, is aware of this, understands and agrees with the way FindMyCollegeuses their data (as described in this Privacy Statement).
Personal data we collect automatically.
- Even if you do not make a request, when you visit our sites or applications, we automatically collect certain data. These include your IP address, the date and time when you accessed our services, information about the hardware and software, as well as your browser, information about your computers operating system, for example, application versions and your language settings. We also collect information about clicks and which pages have been shown to you.
- If you are using a mobile device, we also collect data identifying your mobile device, device settings and its characteristics, application crashes and other system activity. When you make a Request, our system register with which means and through which websites you have made a Request, or from which websites you have been redirected to the FindMyCollegewebsite and/or applications.